8 plank open wagons were used primarily for transporting the lighter forms of coal such as coke and were standardised by the RCH in 1923. They had a capacity of 12 tons. Many were privately owned and carried on in use post nationalisation right into the 1960’s.
This model features a finely moulded body and chassis with many internal detail represented, opening side doors, weathered finish, profiled wheels and axels with brass bearing pockets, metal sprung buffers, 3 link metal coupling chain with sprung coupling hook and a finely applied livery and printed details.