Autocoach GWR No Insignia Chocolate/Cream Lit
Auto trailers nos. 36-41 were ordered on Lot 1126 in June 1906 and delivered in January and February 1907. They were driving trailers, and included end windows at the luggage compartment end.
Between the luggage compartment and the passenger's vestibule was the original smoking compartment, however after 1928 this was changed and the larger saloon was designated for smoking.
They were found on branch lines from Cornwall to Wales and retained their gas lighting until withdrawn, the first in December 1956 and the last in November 1957.
Number 38 became a mobile office after condemnation in 1957, being originally stationed at Newport and is now preserved on the Telford Steam Railway.
These models will have an identical specification as the previous Lionheart versions and will feature:
- Die cast bogie frame with fine scale wheels
- Superbly detailed body with many added detailed parts
- Sprung Buffers
- Expertly applied livery
- Fully Compensated Chassis