Focke Wulf FW190 F-8/A-8
First flying in 1939, the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 proved to be an immediate threat to the RAF fighters when introduced in late 1941, being faster and more manoeuvrable than the Spitfire V then in service.
The F-8 was the ground attack version and differed primarily in the removal of the outboard cannons. Various combinations of under wing weapons were fitted, but the most common was one centreline bomb and four small bombs on the wings.
The A-8 version was the most numerous and heavily armed variant and entered service in 1944 as an attempt to stop Allied daylight raids, however, by then the new Allied fighters had begun to outclass it.
This newly tooled model features a detailed and accurate wheel well and canopy which can be posed open.