7 plank open wagons were the principal wagons used for transporting coal and were standardised by the RCH in 1923. They had a capacity of 12 tons. Many were privately owned and carried on in use post nationalisation right into the 1960’s
This model features finely moulded body and chassis with many internal details, opening side doors, profiled wheels and axels with brass bearing pockets, metal sprung buffers and 3 link metal coupling chain with sprung coupling hook.
It has finely applied livery and printed details.