The Peckett 1378 was built in 1914 for the war department. It was initially sent to the Larkhill Military Railway. It then entered service on the war department’s Fovant Military Railway in 1915 and was renamed to 'Westminster'.
It was then sold on to Associated Portland Cement (APC) at Houghton Regis. It also worked at Shipton-on-Cherwell and Kidlington Works, before being sold into private ownership.